Thursday, March 13, 2014

Rifter: How lowsec mechanics can kill you

In my Opinion this was an incredible experience, eventhough I didn't made my solokill yet. You remember the fits from the last Rifter post?

If not, go here: http://thousandspaceships.blogspot.de/2014/03/the-beginning-with-rifter.html

After that post Rubicon 1.3 hit the server, so this ship has new bonuses now (Falloff instead of tracking).

My first idea for heading out was lowsec. Maybe I catch a lonely frigate in a belt and just brawl it out. So I left nullsec, made 2 jumps and saw an opportunity: A lonely Industrial on a gate. You guys fighting in lowsec more often then me might know what happend afterwards. I jumped through and pointed him. Excited about the kill I started shooting and suddenly my shields were gone ... and then my armor. And then it hit me: Gateguns. Didn't concidered those. So here we go: First loss:


Well shit ... Next time I need to look for enemies in a belt. My next plan was visiting our lovely neighbours: Legion of xDeathx. They always give a fight, but are also very carelass with jumping through gates. And thie is nullsec, so I don't need to fear any gateguns. This time I took my sniping Rifter, in hope of kiting enemies.

I met a friendly Huginn on the way who let me pass, after I told him about my mission to master every ship. So I was saved this time. I went on a tried to get a fight of another lonely frigate. Nobody picked up so I wanted to go home again, and there I met it: My next doom. I know, that a T1 frigate should probably stay away from destroyers, but I was desperate and hoped for a really short range fit on the sabre I found sitting on gate. I engaged and tried to kite, but welp: he was able to slingshot me, so there goes another rifter:


A day later I gave it another try (had like one hour of play time). So where can I pick up good frigate fights? Factional Warfare!
Next stop: Lonetrek.
I checked some complexes and at one point there was this breacher on dscan. Could this be the kill I was searching for? I engaged and I immediatly saw him trying to kite me. Thanks to the new Rifter bonus I switched to Titanium Sabot to get enough range to hit him. His shields went down, mine were still up. But ... no chance this time either. He was active armor tanked, so I failed again:


Tomorrow is a new day and the weekend starts. Time to welp more rifters into random strangers \o/

If you have suggestions, where I might find a fight, have ideas for improving my fittings (they are far from perfect) or just want to tell me how bad I am at eve, leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment