Sunday, March 16, 2014

Bantam: Oppa Bantam Style

Can ... not ... resist:


Trying to get a kill in a Bantam feels like trolling. I like it. But before I tell you the story about it:

The Fitting


Wow ... this ship has much more fitting power, then I expected. The CPU is incredible. Thats why I tryed my luck with a dual shield boost fit:


So where to take this? FW looked like a good place to start. Camping for hours in nullsec again, wasn't anything I would like to do today.

Experience is the key


All the veterans out here know this and some more of it would have saved me here. For everyone who is trying to learn solo: Try to record your fights and look over them afterwards and try to memorize, where you made a mistake. Maybe grab a friend, get on the testserver and practice things like the slingshot maneuver or getting transveral on bigger ship. Why I say this: Because I could have had two kills just on one morning with the bantam, but both times I died.
But dieing is just another learning experience and I had fun though.

 My first engagement was a tormentor. I went to a Novice plex again and had him on dscan. Jumped in and started attacking. I made the big mistake of approaching him directly. He was able to apply a lot of dps and I wasn't able to stay in range, as my mwd just made my miss the transversal. This time I didn't forget to record it:


And here is the killmail:

I went back home, grabbed another Bantam and went out to FW again.

This time I had one of the most valuable experience, which will most likely help a lot in the future:
I found another plex. This time there was a Tristan on my dscan. I warped in and he engaged, staying around 18 km away from me most of the time. This is where I tried to slingshot him. For people who don't know what it is:

You try to get the enemy to follow you in one direction and try to make a fast turn towards him, so you can close some distance between the both of you, before his ships reacts. I needet around 3 tries until I finally had him in scram range. From there it was rather easy to chew him down ... until his friend in a merlin came in to save him. This was before the merlin engaged:
And this is just a few seconds later:
He was able to get out of blaster range. Another shiny explosion on my screen:


The good side: he was killed shortly after by a slicer and I made it on that killmail. But its no solokill, so I had to keep on looking. I was happy, that I stockpiled some of the bantams, so I was able to grab another one without delay ... and get blown up again:

Rethinking the strategy


I went back to vale and tried a bit of border patrolling, which proved beeing incredible boring (but I had time finishing another movie). I took another swing to FW and had a lot of stabbed encounters. When I nearly gave up I encountered another Tristan. This is what happend:

I call that neutet to hell! So I went back to Nullsec again ... I needet to think of a new strategy. Maybe a rail bantam?

Feedback


Anyways: I would like to get some feedback from my readers. Would you like to see some bigger ships? Any favorite I should use soon? You want more videos? Leave a comment, if you want to.

1 comment:

  1. I would seriously consider running different guns on a ship where hybrids are not bonused... The range on blasters is very limiting on a fit where you do not have a web and autocannons or lasers would likely project damage better.

    ReplyDelete