Thursday, May 29, 2014

Augoror: Logi on drugs!


Here comes another hull which I repurposed and where I completly ignored any bonus the ship would have.
I present you: The battle augoror!

I used my favorite flavour of fitting a ship: Cap boosters and active armor tank

 

Don't do drugs, unless its eve


This was the first time I actually started using boosters to work a bit more efficent and for some situations they can really be a lifesaver. If you are new to drugs here is the short version:

They are strong boosts of your ability in one filed, like armor repair, falloff or things like that. They only last for a certain amount of time. Unless you take the weakest version there is a chance of getting one or more side effects, which will increase things on your ship, like overall HP on armor or shield, Capacitor or other things.

Lets look at the one I used on this ship:


It boosts my armor repair output by 20%! That is HUGE. Every one of those Side effects have a chance of 20% to occure. None of them would completly cripple me but armor hitpoint penalty and/or turret tracking penatly are the ones affecting the ship the most.

Now with live killing


So another thing I will utilize a bit more in the future: Twitch! Yes, I started streaming my roaming through null and lowsec and the first stream was a great success. Here is the problem: I fucked up the archivment of my broadcast, so now I don't have any recordings from that part :(


So what happend with this little ship. Well: I liked it so much, that I didn't stopped after the first kill. First stop: Home sweat home. I was just in the usual camping systems playing with people jumping through. A guy with a stealth bomber entered the system and he always uncloacked in random belts. He was actually ratting ... with a  stealth bomber ... in a hostile system. So I did the only thing I though reasonable: Chatting with him and making him feal safe:

Earlier I linked a logi augoror fit and told him I can help him by repping him up. After some time he believed me and I was able to get into range for scramming him.
Yes, that fit was bad and that player was fairly new to the game. We chatted for a few more seconds, he gave me a bounty and told me he wasn't mad ... I still think he was.

This time for real?


Once again I went to P3 (I didn't had much time that day).

So I was sitting on this bubble on the only outgate from the lowsec gate in system. An enemy way jumping in and an enyo showed up on Dscan. This was the perfect time to play the victim: I wen on the edge of the bubble in the direction of the lowsec gate and slowboated towards the outgate. For everybody landing on the gate, it must have looked like a ship struggeling to get to the gate after landing in a bubble.
The enyo warped down, engaged and was suddenly faces with a scram from a logi cruiser ... and neuts ... and guns ... and drones. See for yourself:


Now lets look at the some footage about this:

No comments this time ... I am still working with diffrent cutting tools and this time I wasn't really scuccesfull with the voiceover and just gave up.

The end of logic


So this is the story how I met your ... wait, no ... the story of how I lost my augoror.

I was streaming and started roaming. From Geminate, Kalevala, Eitherium Reach, Great Wildlands down to Curse. In Curse I had my first engagement with a sentinel who first was hesitating to kill me.
In the end he decidet to engage and I was able to grind him down fairly quickly. Thanks to the capbooster he wasn't able to neut me out.


I went further into the region and finally endet up in Catch. Thanks to some dotlan intel and checking the kills in certain systems I knew that there was a frigate gang ahead of me camping a gate. I went in and tried to split them. I was able to tank two of them and waited for the rest of the gang to arrive. When they did I jumped next door and tried to split them, but most of the enemies warped off.

I decidet to take the fight one gate further, but they killed off my drones very fast and I was tracking disrupted heavily, which made it hard for me to apply any DPS. I was able to stay on field until my Ancillary went out of charges after a bit of time.
I died gloriously.


The sad part is, that twitch swalloed the recording I was talking about earlier. OTherwise I would have shared it with you.


So here is the list:


I already have made more kills and now just need to do the writing up. JFs with more ships also arrived so stay tuned for more content.

Here is my twitch channel if you want to follow my broadcasts there:

http://www.twitch.tv/dementum89

No comments:

Post a Comment