Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Magnat: Just Scanning here, no need to bother


The last three ships were bigger ships, but I still have a lot of frigates left, in which I need to make a Solo Kill. I picked the Magnat for that reason. With an exploration ship you can do a lot of scanning, so lets talk about that:
 Just kidding, this blog is about kills and the internet can tell you more about scanning. So here is the more interesting part: How to get an exploration frigate to be a combat frigate.


The Fitting


I think in a 1v1 situation an active tank is the best choice, so I gone with one of those again:


I designed this fit to counter interceptors. They think you are prey and get at 0 with you on the gate. Either they attack you and you have them in perfect scram range, or they pull range and attack: You jump. If they wait, just attack back, either you force them through or they bite.


The Kill


This really worked like a charm: I had a day off, so I was in Pureblind again. I was on my way back when a Claw followed me: Wait, I knew the corp of that guy: The same who gave me the kill for the inquisitor. I let him get passed me and acted like the unknowing exploration player who just wanted to get home. He fell for it and attacked. I immediatly locked him back, scrammed and sealed his fate in a duel of repping power. Dual rep+capbooster beats single rep.


 The Video:


 I think I get better at getting the videos done but I really need to switch the software for the editing soon. But for now: enjoy


And the chart:


Some words on gents


If you follow the news sites about eve you might have heard it: GENTS is closing. It was a pleasure flying with them and depening on how the decision of my corp will be there might be a change of location for me. If we should move I will need a few days to settle in the new location. For now I try to continue and blow spaceships up! Farewell alliance: You were the best thing that could happen to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment