Monday, June 2, 2014

Dragoon: Suddenly Doublekill


Neuting Time!

When CCP announced the new destroyers with Retribution I was amazed. Now that I do much more pvp then I did while that expansion was around the enjoyment those new ships give me is even more. My most favorite of the 4 new destroyers was and is the dragoon, from which I have a good bunch lying around to fight small frigates roaming through our space. So one day I thought I just take it into a neighbouring region, but sadly I didn't had my recording programm up, so no video this time.

The Fitting


I used a basic neut/dps fit with a bit of tank on it. You will find some full tank and some full dps fits on the internet, but I like that this here is versatile.


The Cap might be a problem, but with a bit of management, there shouldn't be a problem.

The kill and the death


I just wanted to go a bit into Geminate, which is not far away from Vale as I had a few minutes of time for actually flying spaceships. I didn't even bother to turn on OBC (the programm I use for recording), which is sad, as this was a really good.

The fight happend in FDZ4-A, where the alliance Advent of Fate normally blopps everybody who goes there. This time it wasn't that way. I jumped and a lonely crow was with me on the gate. The feared beeing kited made me get close to the gate and eventhough it was unexpected, the crow crashed with me and I was able to get a tackle and start going to work on it. It died quickly to the combined dps of my drones and missile launchers.


I warped out the moment his friend arrived on grid and directly warped back, while I repped up some armor damage. On grid the jaguar was in my engagement range so it was time to get to work. A hawk also appeared on grid and with my last bit of structure left I was able to kill the Jaguar:


The Hawk was able to get the final shot on me:



As I sad before: No recordings for this fight, but here is the chart:


Looks like all the T1 amarr destroyers are done for now. So whats up next? Stabber, Prophecy and Brutix! I already made the kills, I have the recordings, all I need to do is get the writing done!

1 comment:

  1. Dragoons and Algos are death on wheels in the small plexes. So much so that most people I've flown with in low sec won't go in on one in just about any ship, even with a number advantage.

    ReplyDelete