Sunday, May 4, 2014

Omen: Lasers are magic


As you might see, I have a bit of an Amarr focus right now. It might be, because I love lasers. But don't worry: Next ship will be from another race.

With Fanfest announcment over CCP made things a bit harder for me: 4 more ships to do, but I will enjoy that, as the Mordus Legion ships will hopefully be awesome.

 

The Fitting


I wanted to practice some kiting so I chose to go with a MWD kiting setup. This is the result of some EFTing:
The speed should be enough to get away from most cruisers. If you can stay somewhere arund 18-22 km from the target everything should be fine.

The Kill


I could tell you the story of how i roamed around in this ship: The thing is: I went from Geminate over the Spire down to Immensia and through highsec (with two active wardecs) back to Vale. I was close to engaging some people but I was never able to really do anything but in return nothing engaged me, that I couldn't escape.

I was also checking Pure Blind, Tribute and Geminate when I had spare time. Again: Nothing.

Three days later I was just checking P3-ENE again (you know: The entrance to Vale.). I intendet to land on the Obe gate bubble someone set up. I burned off a bit, so I would be out of scram range for anyone who would land. And there it was: A Navy Hookbill. I hoped he wouldn't be able to catch me too fast so I aligned directly away from him, but he wasn't really catching up. Seeing his speed and beeing tracking disrupted by him I went in a bit closer to apply full dps again. When he was close to going down I just approached to lower my transversal and land the killing blow:


This fit wouldn't be very special if it wasn't for those Storyline Rocket Launchers. They are over 5 mil each and I was able to loot them. That should pay for the next frigate. Thanks to that his ship was worth enough to count in for the solo kill.

As always:


With Gents disbanding there might be some director work ahead of me, so I won't have much time for roaming. Hopefully that problem will be solved in the next week so I can go out to shoot people.

You can always leave a comment what ship/race/size you would like to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment