Saturday, April 26, 2014

Rupture: Welcome to the Jungle (or Providence)


Before I start going through the kill and all the other lovely things I engaged with I need to talk about the last weeks:

I lost a ton of ships. Coercers, Stabbers and Thorax. I made kills, but nothing that qualifies for this blog so I need to keep going. Thats one of the reasons I went so far south. A big shoutout to the "Bringing Solo Back" Ingamechannel. The people in there are really cool and kind of helped me finding a good entrance system where I not die instantly to Ishtars/Dominixes.

Eventhough I loose more ships then usual, this whole project brings back a lot of fun! But now to the Rupture. As always we start with

The Fit


This fit was given to me by Gorski Car from PL. Its straight forward and the tank is really nice on it. WIth a cost of around 24 mil its also a ship which is friendly to your wallte (compared with the basic active tank thorax which costs around 33 mil).

Burn (away from) Jita

Yes! Burn Jita is this weekend and I am a bad bad person and actually engaged in two ganks this weekend so far. After I saw, that no killright was made available on me I docked at 4-4 station and fitted up a Rupture, as I wanted to get out of TiDi for a bit. I set my Destination to Sendaya: I never fought Brave, but I really wanted to give it a try.

No, I normaly don't use that overview.
Arriving in the system there was my usual Problem: Blues. Razor is down there and they were playing with Brave. So I decidet to dive into Curse, advancing further to Catch. I encountered a Brave gang on the way and eventhough their scout spotted me they all jumped in and I could just crossjump and get away.

Providence: A Place to be


Next stop: Providence. I was just one jump in when I met a Vagabond on the gate. I knew I wouldn't be able to kill him, so I had two choices:

Warp off and trying to get rid of him or make him agress, so I can safely jump.

I wanted to warp off, but he pointed me, so I jumped. On the other side his friends were already waiting. How this all turned out? Watch for yourself:


Here is the killmail for your enjoyment:


And the loss shortly after:


For me it looks, like the cruisersize is the king class of solo PvP these days. Fast, good tracking from medium guns and decent bonuses.

Here is how far I am with my challenge now:

While I am writing these last lines I am on my way towards Sendaya again. Let's see, what this will bring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment